Subrosa to premiere "Get Used To It"
On Friday, at Simple Session in Tallinn, Estonia, Subrosa Brand will premiere their long-awaited full length video "Get Used To It." Featuring sections from Hoang Tran, Simone Barraco, Lahsaan Kobza, Scott Ditchburn, Mark Mulville, Kyle Hart, Joris Coulomb and the Subrosa Skeleton Crew, "Get Used To It" has been in production for close to three years. And while it has never reached delays of an epic Dave Parrick proportion, sometimes it seemed as though "Get Used To It" might never arrive. The wait is now officially over, and we've culled together 13 details of the video as it was in progress.
1. The first trailer for "Get Used To It" dropped on October 7, 2010.
2. The second trailer for "Get Used To It" dropped on September 9, 2011.
3. The final trailer for "Get Used To It" was released on March 1, 2013.
4. The first trailer featured former Subrosa team riders Miles Rogoish and Seamus McKeon. Rogoish was original slated to film and edit the video, but left the team in December of 2011. McKeon briefly rode for Subrosa's Skeleton Crew but left for a spot on Guerra/Ezra in August of 2011.
5. Former Subrosa team rider Miles Rogoish attempted two weeks of sobriety during the filming of "Get Used To It."
6. "Get Used To It" had its own page on the BMX Movie Database almost three years before it was released.
Subrosa Gets Used To Arizona
In preparation for Subrosa's first full-length video "Get Used To It," the crew flew to Arizona for a filming trip in the desert. From left to right: Boy Janseen, Miles Rogoish, Ryan Sher, Greg D'amico, Seamus McKeon, Mark Mulville and Kyle Hart.
7. The first two trailers for "Get Used To It" featured more cigarette smoking and fastplants than any other BMX video trailer in existence.
8. Subrosa never announced a release date for "Get Used To It." Instead, the second trailer finished with the line "done when it's done."
9. The final lineup for "Get Used To It" features Hoang Tran, Simone Barraco, Lahsaan Kobza, Scott Ditchburn, Mark Mulville, Kyle Hart, Joris Coulomb and the Subrosa Skeleton Crew. The video will be available on DVD and via digital download.
10. The master for "Get Used To It" was finished on March 12, three days before the premiere in Estonia.
11. Lahsaan Kobza took out a VX2000 camera while filming for "Get Used To It" in mid February of 2013.
12. Ryan Sher on the length of time "Get Used To It" took to finish: "I think I was still on Kink when we started filming for this video."
13. "Get Used To It" has its own Twitter account.