Schultz is a three-sport X Games athlete with the most adaptive gold medals in XG history -- he has 8 between SnoCross Adaptive and Moto X Racing Adaptive. He's won SnoCross Adaptive every time he's competed; a 2016 win brought the total to 5. Schultz is an above-the-knee amputee who created his own knee and prosthetic leg to accommodate his activities. The self-trained engineer now has a successful business, Biodapt, serving adaptive athletes and veterans. He builds prosthetics for several of his competitors.
- time XG gold medalist (5 in SnoCross Adaptive, 2 from Moto X Racing Adaptive. 8 total medals (2009 MTX Racing Adaptive silver).
- XG Aspen 2017 will be his 15th XG appearance. Competed in X Games SnoCross from 2002
- 2008 before his 2008 injury
- first MTX Racing Adaptive race at XG LA 2009 and first SnoCross Adaptive race at XG Aspen 2010.
- Shattered his right heel in the XG Aspen 2015 Snowboarder X Adaptive event. Spent 6 months recovering.
- knee amputee (left leg, from a 2008 racing injury) who invented his own prosthetics, Moto Knee and VersaFoot, and now owns Biodapt, a company specializing in artificial joints/limbs.
- Member of the U.S. Paralympic Snowboard team. Will compete in both boardercross and banked slalom racing at the 2017 International Paralympic Committee (IPC) World Para Snowboard Championships, Feb. 2
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2016|| SMB SnoCross Adaptive||1st|
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SBD Snowboarder X Adaptive||12th|
|X Games Aspen 2014|| SMB SnoCross Adaptive||1st|
|X Games Los Angeles 2013|| MTX Racing Adaptive||1st|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2013|| SMB SnoCross Adaptive||1st|
|Winter X 2011|| SMB SnoCross Adaptive||1st|
|X Games 2010|| MTX Racing Adaptive||1st|
|Winter X 2010|| SMB SnoCross Adaptive||1st|
|X Games 2009|| MTX Racing Adaptive||2nd|
|Winter X 2008|| SMB SnoCross||17th|
|Winter X 2007|| SMB SnoCross||9th|
|Winter X 2006|| SMB SnoCross||16th|
|Winter X 2003|| SMB SnoCross||19th|
|Winter X 2002|| SMB SnoCross||30th|