The second skiing mom to win XG gold, France's Martinod has done it twice now. She did it in front of the hometown crowd in Tignes in 2013 after a 7-year hiatus from X Games and then again in Aspen 2017 in what was an amazing season for Martinod, now 33 years old. She captured the FIS Crystal Globe for halfpipe and finished 1st in the AFP rankings for the discipline. Outside of skiing, Marie is raising her daughter, Mélirose Roy (8) and has been role model for other women skiers. She plans to retire after the 2018 season.
- Four XG medals, all in SuperPipe: 2014 XG Aspen bronze; 2013 XG Tignes gold; 2006 XG Aspen bronze.
- BIG 2017: FIS Crystal Globe winner halfpipe; 1st, AFP rankings for halfpipe; 2nd, Dec. 2017 Dew Tour Breck; 1st, Dec. 2017 World Cup Copper; 1st, Feb. 2017 World Cup Phoenix (KOR); 1st Feb. 2017 World Cup Mammoth
- Plans to retire after 2018 season.
- Halfpipe silver, 2014 Winter Olympics
- Has a daughter named Mélirose Roy (8); second mother to win XG gold (Ophelie David)
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2017|| SKI SuperPipe||1st|
|X Games Oslo 2016|| SKI SuperPipe||4th|
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SKI SuperPipe||7th|
|X Games Aspen 2014|| SKI SuperPipe||3rd|
|Winter X Games Tignes 2013|| SKI SuperPipe||1st|
|Winter X 2006|| SKI SuperPipe||3rd|
|Winter X 2005|| SKI SuperPipe||5th|