A mountain child who has to be in nature, 28-year old Max Schairer has had highs and lows in his snowboarding career. He's the 2008 XG silver medalist, won the FIS Word Cup series in 2009, and World Snowboard Champion in 2009, and three-time Austrian National Champion. The lows are from a separated shoulder that has plagued him since 2009 but finally repaired in May 2015. In the offseason, Max carries an Austrian Glock as part of his uniform as a police officer.
- 2008 XG Snowboarder X silver. Has made 2 Finals in eight appearances. Won every heat (except the last) in 2015 and finished 5th.
- Has stood on 10 World Cup podiums, 4 wins.
- Has struggled with a dislocated and broken shoulder since 2009, but had it repaired in May 2015.
- Three time Austrian National Champion, 2009, 2010, 2012.
- 2009 World Snowboard Champion (Gangwon, KOR), finished 2nd in 2013 (Stoneham, CAN).
- Won the World Cup series in 2009; 2nd in 2013.
- Works as a police officer.
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SBD Snowboarder X||6th|
|X Games Aspen 2014|| SBD Snowboarder X||25th|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2012|| SBD Snowboarder X||8th|
|Winter X 2011|| SBD Snowboarder X||7th|
|Winter X 2010|| SBD Snowboarder X||12th|
|Winter X 2009|| SBD Snowboarder X||13th|
|Winter X 2008|| SBD Snowboarder X||2nd|
|Winter X 2007|| SBD Snowboarder X||15th|