At age 53, Devlin-Young became the oldest athlete in history to earn a medal at X Games when he took gold in XG Aspen 2015 Mono Skier X. The soon-to-be-grandfather is nearly three times the age of his youngest competitor, yet he remains one of the biggest threats on the X Course. The multi-time Paralympic gold medalist is making his sixth XG appearance in 2016 and, as the second-oldest athlete ever to compete in a winter discipline, he has racing experience on his side. With a love for the challenging, difficult Aspen course, this U.S. Coast Guard vet expects a third X Games medal this year.
- 2016 will be his 6th XG appearance. 2015 Mono Skier X gold; 2008 Mono Skier X bronze. His 2015 gold made him the oldest medalist in X Games history, breaking a record which had stood since 1996.
- Now 54, he is the second
- oldest athlete ever to compete in an X Games winter discipline.
- His son Brandon is expecting a baby boy, Ace, in March 2015. Brandon is 30.
- DCY will ride a new DynAccess Hydra machine. Says it's the fastest rig he's ever used and thinks it will be the "last model of sit ski
- Downhill champion and 4th overall in 2013/14 World Cup circuit.
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SKI Mono Skier X||1st|
|Winter X 2011|| SKI Mono Skier X||7th|
|Winter X 2010|| SKI Mono Skier X||4th|
|Winter X 2008|| SKI Mono Skier X||3rd|
|Winter X 2007|| SKI Mono Skier X||7th|