Curren Caples appears to have figured out X Games Skateboard Park. He'll never admit it. He might not even know it. But two gold and a silver from the last four Park events prove it. Next up? Parlaying his immense talent into a Street podium; he made his first Street final in three attempts at XG Oslo 2016. The Ventura-based surf and skate rat was the first XG athlete to be born after the X Games began in 1995 when he appeared in Skateboard Park in 2010. He's the son of former pro surfer Evan Caples and is named after surf legend Tom Curren, and he features an appealing style influenced in part by all the hours he spends in the waves.
- Austin 2016 will be his 9th X Games appearance. Gold from Austin 2015, Munich 2013. Barcelona 2013 silver. Finished top
- 5 in 5 of 6 Park starts. Best finish in 3 Street starts: 5th, X Games Oslo 2016 (his first XG Street final).
- Won the Dew Tour Chicago Streetstyle contest in June 2015.
- Won the Red Bull Hartlines contest in May 2015. Held in Detroit, the unique comp combined park & street elements.
- Dad is former pro surfer Evan Caples. Curren is named after surf legend Tom Curren.
X Games Competition History
|X Games Oslo 2016|| SKB Street||5th|
|X Games Austin 2015|| SKB Park||1st|
|X Games Austin 2015|| SKB Street||7th|
|X Games Austin 2014|| SKB Park||5th|
|X Games Austin 2014|| SKB Street||7th|
|X Games Munich 2013|| SKB Park||1st|
|X Games Barcelona 2013|| SKB Park||2nd|
|X Games Los Angeles 2012|| SKB Park||9th|
|X Games 2010|| SKB Park||4th|