Since formally retiring from sit-ski competition in November 2014, Dueck has been living a life of adventure and travel, living full-time out of an Airstream trailer since May 2015 and spending his days surfing, practicing yoga and enjoying time with wife Lacey and two-year-old daughter, Nova. Dueck uses X Games as an excuse to race again and enters Aspen 2016 with more mental focus and better body awareness from all his time on the yoga mat and surfboard. The 2011 Mono Skier X gold medalist left the free-spirit/Airstream trail life behind for the moment and is spending five weeks of intense sit-ski training in Canada leading up to the X Games.
- 2011 X Games Mono Skier X gold, 2012 bronze. 2016 will be his 4th X Games appearance.
- time Paralympic sit
- ski medalist: 2014 Sochi gold (super combined); silver (downhill); 2010 Vancouver silver (Slalom sitting).
- Officially retired from racing on November 13, 2014.
- First person to ever backflip on a sit
- ski (Feb. 2012)
- 10 IPC World Cup gold medals
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SKI Mono Skier X||5th|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2012|| SKI Mono Skier X||3rd|
|Winter X 2011|| SKI Mono Skier X||1st|