The most dominant slopestyle skier since Tanner Hall ruled from 2002-2004, Goepper earned his third straight Aspen gold in 2015. The talented Midwesterner has 4 medals in 5 X Games competition starts -- three gold and a silver. An injured left shoulder cut short Goepper's 2015 season, but he still landed on the podium at 3 of 5 events during an abbreviated campaign. Not bad for a guy who grew up skiing at Perfect North Slopes in southern Indiana: elev. 800 feet, with 400 vertical feet and 100 acres of terrain. In 2016, Goepper looks to become the first male skier to earn 4 gold in one discipline.
- First skier since Tanner Hall (2002
- 2004) to earn three straight XG Aspen Slopestyle victories (Aspen 2013
- Medaled in 4 of 5 XG starts. Missed only XG Tignes 2013, when freak weather caused him to finish 16th. Has 3 gold, 1 silver.
- Youngest in final, 18, when he earned XG Aspen 2013 Slopestyle gold. Slopestyle silver from XG Aspen 2012 (only rookie in the comp and the youngest in the field, age 17).
- 2014 Olympic slopestyle bronze
- Dislocated left shoulder in Feb. 2015. Took six weeks off and then re
- injured. Had surgery July 2015. Didn't start skiing again until right before XG Aspen 2016.
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SKI Slopestyle||1st|
|X Games Aspen 2014|| SKI Slopestyle||1st|
|Winter X Games Tignes 2013|| SKI Slopestyle||16th|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2013|| SKI Slopestyle||1st|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2012|| SKI Slopestyle||2nd|