Daniel Sandoval, then 20, unleashed on the field during his final run of XG Austin 2015 BMX Park, stomping more banger tricks in one run than some riders had in multiple passes. In the process, he claimed his first XG gold and proved that Park parity has never been more prevalent -- he became the 6th unique athlete to take gold in the past six XG BMX Park events. He also became the first rider since Daniel Dhers (2006-2008) to earn three consecutive medals in the discipline. The X Games Park course suits Sandoval well and he'd normally be favored to repeat at Austin 2016, but he cracked two ribs in early May.
- 3 consecutive Park medals, the longest active streak. XG Austin will be his 7th appearance: 3 Park medals: gold, 2015 XG Austin; bronze from 2013 Munich and 2014 Austin.
- The 6th straight different rider to win BMX Park when he took 2015 gold.
- In 2015, he became the first rider since Daniel Dhers (2006
- 2008) to earn three consecutive Park medals.
- 5 major 2015 podiums: Gold at XG Austin; 1st, Nov. 2015 Trans Jam BMX Fest, Greenville, NC.; 3rd, Aug. 2015 US Open, Huntington Beach, CA; 3rd, Dec. 2015 FISE World Series, Malaysia; 2nd, July 2015 NASS Festival, Somerset, UK.
- Cracked two ribs at the FISE contest in Montpellier, FRA, early May 2016.
X Games Competition History
|X Games Austin 2015|| BMX Dirt||8th|
|X Games Austin 2015|| BMX Park||1st|
|X Games Austin 2014|| BMX Park||3rd|
|X Games Austin 2014|| BMX Dirt||8th|
|X Games Munich 2013|| BMX Park||3rd|
|X Games Barcelona 2013|| BMX Park||8th|
|X Games Foz do Iguaçu 2013|| BMX Park||6th|
|X Games Los Angeles 2012|| BMX Park||8th|