As a 14 year-old, Ayumu stormed into the competitive halfpipe scene in 2013 and earned silver at XG Aspen, becoming the youngest athlete (at the time) to earn an XG medal at a winter event. The young phenom then went on to earn Olympic silver at Sochi in 2014 and continue to nail down podium finishes around the world. Still just 17, Ayumu won the Laax Open (Jan. 23) against a strong field. His Sochi silver turned him into a national icon in Japan and the paparazzi attention is still wearing on him. Despite a 6th at X Games Aspen 2015, Ayumu had a beautiful run that included a Cab double cork 1440 -- only the second person to land it after Iouri Podladtchikov. Finished 10th at XG Aspen 2016 after the competition was cut short due to weather after just one run (he fell).
- SuperPipe silver, XG Aspen 2013, as a 13 year old rookie. 10th at XG Aspen 2016.
- Olympic halfpipe silver medalist, 2014. Youngest snow sport medalist of all time (15).
- Second rider in history to land the Cab double cork 1440 (YOLO flip)
- Won the Laax Open on Jan. 23, 2016
- Won the Burton European Open in 2013
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2016|| SBD SuperPipe||10th|
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SBD SuperPipe||6th|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2013|| SBD SuperPipe||2nd|