After missing XG Aspen 2014 and 2015, the talented Norwegian skier scored silver at Aspen 2016. At Aspen 2013, when the focus was on Kaya Turski's quest for the four-peat, Tiril, then 17, took gold as a rookie. Six weeks later, she earned silver at XG Tignes. By year's end, she finished second overall in the AFP rankings for slopestyle. A favorite for gold at both Aspen and Sochi in 2014, Tiril tore her left ACL in Dec. 2013 and missed the season. She also missed XG Aspen 2015. In Feb. 2015, she returned to competition and has made the podium in 9 of 10 events since (as of Feb. 15th, 2016).
- Medals in all 3 X Games starts: Slopestyle gold as an XG rookie at Aspen 2013, thwarting Kaya Turski's four
- peat attempt. Was the youngest in the field (17). XG Tignes 2013 silver. Silver, Aspen 2016.
- Tore left ACL in Dec. 2013. Missed XG Aspen 2014 and 2015 and the Sochi Olympics.
- Started competing again in Feb. 2015 and has made the podium in 9 of 10 comps since (as of Feb. 16). The only podium she was missed was the Grand Prix in Mammoth (5th). 3rd at the Feb. 12 Big Air at Fenway comp, her first scaffolding jump.
- Grandfather Asle Sjåstad competed in the 1956 Olympics in Italy, finishing 14th in the downhill
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2016|| SKI Slopestyle||2nd|
|Winter X Games Tignes 2013|| SKI Slopestyle||2nd|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2013|| SKI Slopestyle||1st|