A consistent podium threat, Arielle Gold has a powerful style with amplitude and technical ability. She's finished in the top 4 in all 6 of her XG appearances, earning 1 silver and 3 bronze medals. The 20-year-old from Steamboat is an animal advocate and a student at the University of Colorado, intent on becoming a veterinarian. Her older brother, Taylor Gold, is also a top-level snowboarder who will compete in Men's SuperPipe at XG Aspen 2017. When Arielle isn't on her snowboard you can find her jumping fences or running barrels on her horse, Sparky.
- 4 XG medals in 6 appearances: Silver at Aspen 2016; 4th at Aspen 2014 & 2015; bronze at Oslo 2016 Aspen 2013 and Tignes 2013.
- Won the Jan. 2016 Laax Open in Laax, SUI. 2nd in Jan. 2017.
- Member of the 2014 U.S. Olympic halfpipe team; dislocated her shoulder in practice the day of competition in Sochi and couldn't compete.
- Won the Burton European Open in Feb. 2013 and the 2013 World Snowboard Championships (Jan. 20, 2013) in Stoneham, CAN. Won the 2013 Grand Prix overall title.
- Studying ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado
X Games Competition History
|X Games Oslo 2016|| SBD SuperPipe||3rd|
|X Games Aspen 2016|| SBD SuperPipe||2nd|
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SBD SuperPipe||4th|
|X Games Aspen 2014|| SBD SuperPipe||4th|
|Winter X Games Tignes 2013|| SBD SuperPipe||3rd|
|Winter X Games Aspen 2013|| SBD SuperPipe||3rd|