Ayana is a woman of firsts. She is the first female skier from Japan to medal at XG (silver, SuperPipe 2015) as well as the first Japanese woman to win the overall AFP rankings for halfpipe. A former ski racer, Ayana is known for her awesome amplitude. She won the Dec. 2015 Dew Tour in Breckenridge before taking silver at XG Aspen in 2016 and bronze in Oslo. If she strikes gold in Aspen, she would be just the second Japanese female ever to do so at XG. Japan's Sayaka Yabe won AIL street in 1997 and 1999.
- 3 medals in 5 appearances: 1 silver, 2 bronze.
- Second Japanese skier to medal at XG and the first female to do so.
- Overall winner, 2015 AFP ranking for halfpipe; 2nd, 2016
- Bronze, 2014 Winter Olympics halfpipe
- Married Takahito Kuwamoto in Sept. 2016
- At XG Aspen 2014, her highest hit of the night was 14'1"
- the biggest recorded hit in XG Women's Ski SuperPipe history.
- Made the podium 7 out of 8 comps in 2015/2016
X Games Competition History
|X Games Oslo 2016|| SKI SuperPipe||3rd|
|X Games Aspen 2016|| SKI SuperPipe||2nd|
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SKI SuperPipe||2nd|
|X Games Aspen 2014|| SKI SuperPipe||4th|
|Winter X Games Tignes 2013|| SKI SuperPipe||5th|