This pipe skier comes from good skiing genes. His father, David Currier, was a downhill racer who competed in the 1972 Olympic Games in Sapporo, Japan. Lyman is also an Olympian. After standing on the podium at three early-season events in 2013-2014 (Dew Tour Breckenridge and both Grand Prix stops in Park City), Currier earned a trip to the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. Unfortunately, he crashed hard twice during the comp and tore his left ACL. He's competed at XG three times with a best finish of 6th in 2014 and 2016.
- 3 X Games appearances: 6th in 2014 and 2016.
- Qualified for the 2014 U.S. Olympic Team but tore his left ALC during the Sochi comp. Finished 28th (last). Surgery in March 2014
- his second ACL surgery on the knee (June 2012).
- Father David Currier competed in the 1972 Games in Sapporo, Japan, finishing 17th in downhill and DNF'ing in giant slalom.
- 8th, Dec. 2015 Dew Tour Breckenridge superpipe
- Lives with Aaron Blunck in Frisco during the winter.
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2016|| SKI SuperPipe||6th|
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SKI SuperPipe||7th|
|X Games Aspen 2014|| SKI SuperPipe||6th|