John Leslie was a typical 10-year-old Canadian boy who dreamed of playing hockey for the NHL. In 2003, when a bump on his left leg was diagnosed as cancerous and removed, it cost him his leg below the knee amputee. He took up snowboarding in 2005, started racing and became part of the Canadian Paralympic Team. Now 23, Leslie has been racing with the IPC Para-Snowboard circuit since 2013 and is making his second X Games appearance at Aspen 2016.
- XG Aspen 2016 is Leslie's second appearance.
- 7th place at his first Paralympic Games (Sochi,2014).
- First career IPC World Cup medal (bronze), Jan. 18, 2014, Copper Mountain.
- Has raced in the IPC Para
- Snowboard circuit since Jan. 2013
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SBD Snowboarder X Adaptive||4th|