Shea earned silver as one of the Three American Amigos who swept the podium when snowboard cross made its Paralympic debut at Sochi 2014 (with Keith Gabel and champ Evan Strong). Finished 5th in XG 2015 Snowboarder X Adaptive. The avid snowboarder from southern California only took two months to get back on his board after losing his lower leg in a wakeboarding accident in 2002. The 2015 World Snowboard Champion in both banked slalom and boardercross currently lives in Basalt, training at Snowmass with the U.S. team. The 32-year-old had a mental makeover after being burnt out after a successful 2015 season; soul-searching while living in California re-energized him.
- Finished 5th at XG 2015 after qualifying first. He slid out in the Final.
- No. 1 in the World (IPC) for 2015 in banked slalom and snowboard cross.
- Won the World title in LL2 banked slalom at the IPC Snowboard World Championships.
- Finalist for 2015 Team USA's Male Paralympic Athlete of the Year.
- Named one of the Top 15 Team USA Men of 2015, a list including Ted Ligety (alpine skiing) & Ryan Lochte (swimming).
- Silver at the 2014 Sochi Paralympics in inaugural Paralympic snowboard cross event. Part of a U.S. podium sweep with teammates Evan Strong (gold) and Keith Gabel (bronze).
- Trains in Aspen; lives down
- valley from Aspen in Basalt.
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SBD Snowboarder X Adaptive||5th|