Matti is a witty, Finnish snowboarder who lost his left leg, below the knee, due to injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident in 2009. The 29-year-old is a formidable competitor: he's raced in IPC Snowboard Cross and Banked Slalom events since 2013 and is making his second X Games appearance at Aspen 2016. He won the IPCAS Para-Snowboard Cross World Cup in 2015 and also finished 5th against able-bodied athletes in the Finnish Snowboard Cross National Championships in 2014. When he's not snowboarding Matti can be found fly fishing or riding his BMX and mountain bikes.
- 2015 IPCAS Snowboard Cross World Champion (La Molina, Spain); third in Banked Slalom.
- Finished 5th in Finnish Snowboard Cross 2014 National Championships (able
- bodied racing)
- 11th 2014 Sochi Paralympics
- Won the World Cup event in La Molina in 2014
- Left leg was amputated below the knee after a motorcycle accident in 2009
X Games Competition History
|X Games Aspen 2015|| SBD Snowboarder X Adaptive||6th|