At 5'4", the XG Austin 2015 silver medalist is one of the smallest riders on the AMA Grand National circuit, yet he has the biggest personality. Outspoken and with no filter, Halbert is also very aggressive on the track, a style that earned him the nickname "Slammin' Sammy." He embraces and owns the moniker. In 2009, at only 22, he became one of the youngest GNC1 champions in AMA history. In Aug. 2015, Sammy's older brother, Jethro, also a flat track racer, succumb to injuries sustained at a race in Sept. 2014. He was 29. Sammy wears Jethro's racing number, 69, to honor him.
- XG Austin 2016 will be his second X Games appearance. Austin 2015 silver medalist.
- 2009 Grand National Champion (GNC1)
- 2016: Podium finishes in the first 3 races, including a win at Daytona. His first AMA Pro Flat Track win since 2013. 2nd in points after 6 rds.
- 2006 AMA GNC Rookie of the Year
- 2004 AMA Pro Sport Champion (Now GNC2)
X Games Competition History
|X Games Austin 2015|| MTX Flat Track||2nd|