Michael Kirkness, the only Australian competing in Harley-Davidson Flat-Track, was an accomplished Down Under, winning two championships in 2006, before coming to race in US. After reading an article in Road Racer X about the Peoria TT, he knew he wanted to be racing in America to. He earned the 2009 AMA Rookie of the Year. Due to finances, he no longer races full-time in the US. Kirkness is an aggressive rider, whose biggest career win was his victory at the 2013 Troy Bayliss Classic.
- XG Austin 2016 will be his second X Games appearance.
- 2013 Troy Bayliss Classic winner.
- 2009 AMA Rookie of the Year.
- 2006 Australian Dirt Track and Long Track (Half
- Mile) Champion.
- Only Australian competing in Harley
- Davidson Flat
X Games Competition History
|X Games Austin 2015|| MTX Flat Track||10th|