Jake Pates shocked even himself when he won superpipe at the Dew Tour in December 2017. He used a backside double cork 1260 on his way to victory. It was no fluke -- he has landed it multiple times since, including at the Snowmass Grand Prix in early January. Jake's parents are long-time snowboarders and their Colorado address enables a cultivation of Jake's successes. So do the skateboard ramps in their garage that Jake has been riding since he was a tyke. Jake, now 19, was a SuperPipe forerunner at Aspen 2007 when he was eight.
- 2nd XG appearance; 20th in halfpipe, XG Oslo 2016.
- 1st, superpipe, Dew Tour (Breckenridge, Dec. 2017).
- XG Aspen 2007 SuperPipe forerunner at the age of 8.
- Member of the 2018 U.S. Olympic team
- Gold, slopestyle and halfpipe, Youth Olympic Games (Lillehammer, Norway, 2016)
X Games Competition History
|X Games Oslo 2016|| SBD SuperPipe||20th|