X Games Minneapolis App Enter to Win: Rules and requirements
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the State of Minnesota. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "X Games Minneapolis App Enter to Win" (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to persons physically attending X Games Minneapolis 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, who are thirteen (13) years old or older as of the date of entry. IF ENTRANT IS DEEMED A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE/JURISDICTION OF PRIMARY RESIDENCY, HE/SHE MUST OBTAIN THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN'S PERMISSION PRIOR TO ENTERING. Employees, officers, and directors of ESPN, Inc. (the "Sponsor") or its parents, controlled affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies (the "Released Parties"), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST HAVE THE X GAMES MINNEAPOLIS FREE APP ON THEIR MOBILE DEVICE PRIOR TO ENTERING AND CAN DOWNLOAD THE X GAMES MINNEAPOLIS FREE APP VIA THE APP STORE OR GOOGLE PLAY.
2. SPONSOR: ESPN, Inc.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the Prize (defined below) cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of the Released Parties' reasonable control.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes is comprised of four (4) daily entry periods: July 19, 2018, July 20, 2018, July 21, 2018 and July 22, 28, 2018 (each an "Entry Period" and collectively the "Sweepstakes Period"). Each Entry Period begins at 10:00 AM CT and ends at 6:00 PM CT that day. ESPN's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete all of the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period: Phase 1: Entrants must download the X Games Minneapolis free app on their mobile device, and then enter their registration information by 6:00 PM CT to be entered in that day's drawing. Entrants must complete registration by the deadline specified herein in order to be eligible for Phase 2 (below).
Phase 2: All qualified entrants will receive notice that they are confirmed as an entrant in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must have the X Games Minneapolis free app open and be physically present at the X Games Minneapolis 2018 on the date of entry in order to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Phase 3: Sponsor will randomly select two (2) potential winners for each Entry Period (i.e.) from amongst all eligible entries received by the end of that Entry Period. The potential winners will have up to two hours (2:00) within receiving notification from ESPN via phone and/or e-mail that he/she is a potential winner and how to claim their Prize.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries, and that entrant may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same mobile account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the mobile account provided with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned the account by their mobile service provider. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the Prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
6. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during that Entry Period. The odds of winning a Prize are based on the number of eligible entries received during that Entry Period. The potential winners will have up to two hours (2:00) within receiving notification via the X Games Minneapolis free app from Sponsor that he/she is a potential winner to claim their Prize from the designated location at the X Games Minneapolis Guest Services tent. Failure to arrive to the designated location at the X Games Minneapolis Guest Services tent within the specified timeframe, will result in forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Except where legally prohibited, the potential winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, prize acknowledgement form, and any other documents required by Sponsor in order to claim his/her Prize. The potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
7. PRIZES: A total of eight (8) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Each prize consists of one (1) of the following prizes listed below in connection with X Games Minneapolis 2018 and selected in Sponsor's sole discretion (the "Prize"):
July 19, 2018
Winner #1: Two (2) Single Day XIP Passes for Friday, July 20, 2018 Winner #2: One (1) X Games Minneapolis 2018 Athlete Gift Bag
July 20, 2018
Winner #1: Two (2) Single Day XIP Passes for Friday, July 20, 2018 Winner #2: One (1) X Games Minneapolis 2018 Athlete Gift Bag
July 21, 2018
Winner #1: Two (2) Single Day XIP Passes for Saturday, July 21, 2018 Winner #2: One (1) X Games Minneapolis 2018 Athlete Gift Bag
July 22, 2018
Winner #1: Two (2) Single Day XIP Passes for Sunday, July 22, 2018 Winner #2: One (1) X Games Minneapolis 2018 Athlete Gift Bag
The total approximate retail value for all Prizes is $3,000.00. Prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to provide his/her social security number and issued an 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. Prize has no cash redemption value and must be claimed by the winner in person at the X Games Minneapolis 2018 Guest Services tent within the designated timeframe and at the designated location specified in the notice received from Sponsor. Prize must be redeemed for the date specified. No substitution or transfer of Prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a Prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and is non-assignable and non-transferable.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the Prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, AND ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, CONTROLLED AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE XGAMES MINNEAPOLIS FREE APP OR ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES, THE XGAMES MINNEAPOLIS FREE APP AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT'S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNERS' ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
9. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
12. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (Residents of VT may omit return postage) to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
X Games Minneapolis App Enter to Win ESPN, Inc.
Bristol, CT 06010
X GAMES MINNEAPOLIS APP ENTER TO WIN is copyright © 2018 ESPN, Inc. All rights reserved.